Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's the Cheesiest


I saw a bottle of Revlon Flex shampoo in a store window today. I used to use Flex. Do they still sell that stuff in Americuh?

La Bimba turned one and changed from a mellow, chipper soul to a backflipping, moody bugger. All part of the developmental process, lo so, lo so. She is also teething again. Last night she just had to sleep in bed with us. She simply refused to sleep in the crib. I am reading Rachel Cusk's "A Life's Work" to help me cope.

My dad is on the floor playing with La Bimba and singing songs (all the wrong words, but at least he can carry a tune; he just sang, "By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea; you and I, you and I, oh how happy we'll be," evidently unaware that "I," though grammatically correct, does not rhyme with "sea").

Which reminds me of the painful English lesson I gave to a couple of execs at Kraft Foods International (I thanked them for all those happy years in front of the TV with Mac and Cheese). The topic was double negatives and how they are not used in proper English. The elder exec, Giuseppe, said, "Wait a minute! What about, I can't get no satisfaction?" I tried to explain poetic license and lots of late coked up nights partying with supermodels, but he just insisted that if Mick would sing it, Mick being English, thus speaking the real English, not the bastardized pidgin American I speak, it must be correct. Bloody Kraft exec.

I have so much more to share with you, but La Bimba is doing her stuck pig whine, so I have to go. A prestissimo.
Oh, and I've entered a contest, the This Blog "Blows My Dress Up" Contest organized by Shelly Tucker at her blog This Eclectic Life. Tomorrow is the last day to enter, so be sure to forget about it so my competition isn't too stiff.

No comments: