Friday, March 14, 2008

It's SO easy being green!


First of all, a shout out to Madgic! Hey, Madge, I miss you, and now I miss Ed because of your comment!


Second of all, The Husband is the proud owner of a shiny new immigrant visa to the US. Go, Husband! If any of you expats are about to embark on the green card path for your mates, I've got the skinny AND the lowdown on the process, so feel free to ask. We met all sorts of nice people at the consulate, lots of military married to foreigners, and foreigners married to civilians, and some random single people from Spain. The interview consisted of a jovial fellow asking The Husband to hold up his right hand and swear that everything he wrote on his application was the truth. So, that whole Andie MacDowell/Gerard Depardieu movie was just bullshit?


Anyway, we need to celebrate...and right now La Bimba needs her ciuccio, so until next time!


Oh, and I am so pleased that my readers are getting to know each other and sharing best bakery secrets!

3 comments:

Homebody at Heart said...

I just wanted to let you know, that you don't have to go to Santa Cruz to keep up on all things italian. The Italingua Institue (www.italingua.org) has classes in San Francisco and Berkeley. And, there is another school but I don't know the name of it. There is also an Italian film festival, in September, I think. And lots of native Italians in the Bay Area. I have heard italian spoken on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and in restaurants.

And, of course, there is Little Italy around Columbus Street for food in SF as well as a small street called Belden Lane that has a very European ambiance. They close off the street and set up tables in the street. Tiramisu in one italian restaurant and there is another Italian seafood restaurant, plus french and spanish restaurants.

Good luck!

Gil said...

Finding good Italian bread around where I live is nearly as hard as finding a cup of "American Coffee" in Napoli!

Doug said...

gil, where are you in CT? I grew up in West Hartford; I understand New Haven's still got some serious Italian food.